And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Saturday, November 8, 2014

a very Merry Christmas

Happy Saturday!
I am spending another Saturday with my kids at nucracker rehearsal. 
I can not wait to see them perform in this show!
This is the first time they have done anything at this new studio
and the first time they have been in a ballet. 
My daughter has a few lead parts and my son was asked to join 
in the party scene where the little boys sword fight and dance around with 
Fritz. I know they are excited. They have worked their butts off in preparation. 
Every Saturday since September has been spent at the dance studio. 

All of that leads to this little wintery card I created. 


This card features the Fresh Brewed Designs Digital Stamps:






I am bursting with Christmas this year. Well, 
I have kept it inside, but I feel like I am bursting with it. 
Not necessarily the decorating and such but the feeling of it. I love the LOVE
that Christmas brings. All because of a baby who was born on this day
who brought love into the world with him. When I hear the word love
I immediately think JESUS. He loves us so much!!!

Ok, back to the card :-)

Here is a photo of all of the sparkle. 
To create the snow, I spread out some freshly fallen snow paint
over the white cardstock then sprinkled it while wet with martha stewart glitter: snow and carrara marble. The snowflakes were cut with a cricut cartridge: accent essentials, dabbed with tacky glue and then coated in the carrara marble glitter as well. 


I used the SCS Sketch 513 for this card



Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me. 
I hope you have a very lovely weekend. 
Heather


other challenges:
ABC Christmas - very merry christmas
jingle belles - great outdoors
Winter wonderland - frosty the snowman

11 comments:

  1. Sweet card! I love pink Christmas cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card with the terrific snow technique and icicles! Must try the snow paint idea soon. I love using SCS sketches , too. They come in very helpful at times. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. c'est adorable Heather, un bonhomme de neige en rose...trop mignon, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute! And adorable image and a fun color scheme; love the glitter, too. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I LOVE the Nutcracker. My boys have listened to The Nutcracker Suite at bedtime during the Christmas season (and sometimes before and after because they enjoyed it so much) for years! I think I can recognize the music after only a few notes! I am sure their performance will be magical!!! I too love Christmas, especially the feeling that it brings. I do love to decorate, but always wait until after November 11th out of respect for our Veterans.

    As for your adorable snowy card...I LOVE the glitter!!! Those icicles are perfect on there and I love how your sentiment escapes the edge of the card just a little. Pink and white are such fun colours to use for Christmas!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Jingle Belles for the "Great Outdoors!"
    Shanna
    Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh WOW! what a beautiful card, but then you sort of had ME at "pink and glittery snow" lol! but seriously, i love every detail of this... and of course that penguin is adorable too! so happy you could join our fun in "the great outdoors" at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your snowman in pink ... thanks so much for joining us in The Great Outdoors at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet! and adorable in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable. Love the non traditional christmas colours and the design with the embossing and sparkly snow as well. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and sorry for my a bit late comment. Hope to see you back later today for our new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the none traditional colours you have used. Great use of embossing and die cuts. Thanks for joining in with the 'Frosty the Snowman' challenge at Winter Wonderland this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter